DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old December 28th, 2010, 12:08 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Problem opening FCE files in FCP

I've recently run into a problem with upgrading to Final Cut Pro from Final Cut Express and wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions or ways to fix this problem.

This past year I have been working on an important project and just completed it this December. During this time I edited the short film together using Final Cut Express
on my 24 inch iMac. This past week I have upgraded to the new 27 inch i7 iMac and installed Final Cut Studio on there.

When I opened the FCE project into FCP everything appeared to be working right but then I noticed that the color was way off. This really bothers me since I put a lot of time
into coloring the project. The main reason I know the color is off is because I also have a Apple 24 inch cinema display that I used with my old 24 inch
iMac when editing the project. It seems that since the main picture is on the 24 inch external monitor that was previously used then I should have the same color and tone from before.

As of right now when I have the project opened in Final Cut Pro the color is a lot brighter and washed out. I have checked my filters and made sure everything like color correction was
turned on and they were. My main question is there a setting or something that I can adjust to make my old FCE project work right and give me the right playback in FCP? I guess I could
always go back to my old iMac for older projects but I would like to be able to use Final Cut Pro instead with both new and old projects.

Any advice on how to fix this or adjust any setting would really help. Thanks a lot.
Scott Hamilton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite