DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old August 10th, 2005, 09:04 AM   #1
Major Player

Livetype-Video Import Help Please

Hi guys,
I apologize if this has been addressed in the past. I couldn't find any threads in searching.

I've recently found these great templates on Livetype, and have been adapting them for use in my video work. The sample videos of the guy on the bike- how do you replace that? I've tried "Placing" and "Place Background Movie" several times without luck. I've also tried copying, dragging, and finally yelling. For the future, anyone else been able to achieve this?
I know it has to be something simple, and it's probably so close it could bite me. Figured I'd swallow my pride and field the question.

Any info always appreciated.

Jeff Patnaude
Jeff Patnaude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2005, 08:43 AM   #2
Major Player

found help elsewhere.
Thanks,

J Patnaude
Old August 11th, 2005, 09:00 AM   #3
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Patnaude
found help elsewhere.
Thanks,

J Patnaude
So Jeff, share the answer with the rest of us. ;-)

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2005, 02:08 PM   #4
Major Player

Sorry Greg-
I didn't realize there was any interest. It was really quiet there after for awhile.
I searched the internet and stumbled on an amazing training dvd:

http://www.dvcreators.net/products/ltps.html

I also found the answer, but I bought the training DVD just for the templates and clips that come with it- if not for the info on what is seeming to be an increasingly amazing piece of software.

To quote the info I found:(refering to "clips" template)
Click on the track that has the video. Each one of the videos will be represented in the text box as either a dot or a square. There will probably be 4 side by side, which makes the shape look like a dark rectangle.... YOu can select portions of the rectangle, in which you are actually selecting individual video files. (Instead of text, each character represents a video file). When you highlight one of them, go to Attributes, and then select the Matte tab. You should see some options of replacing the video. Select "Choose.." and find your video you want to replace the sample with. The video you have is probably much bigger in size than the templates, but the template will keep it cropped to the small size. You'll have to adjust the "scale" slider in order to make your video fit inside the box.

Livetype is SLICK! If there were little details that I missed prior to the training DVD, then I expect to raise the level of post work up a bunch with all of the stuff that the DVD covers.

Hope this sends out a collective "OOOooohhhhyeeeaaaaahhh..."

Jeff Patnaude :>)
Old August 11th, 2005, 02:23 PM   #5
Contributor

I too have recently gotten a copy of the Livetype "power start" from dvcreators.net.

I don't understand why there is no documentation for this program from Apple. This program has a lot of features, and is very well thought out.

Maybe Apple was practicing for Motion.

Frankenstein meets XL1
Daniel Kohl is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite