DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old February 23rd, 2011, 12:55 PM   #1
Regular Crew

NTSF HD and RAID with MAC?

Hi. Just converted from Pc to Mac, and bought a Lacie 8TB 4big. All my videofiles from the PC are on NTSF harddrives. NTSF have never given me any problems. BUT to write to NTSF on a Mac I need a 3rd party program called Paragon NTFS. I dont know if I should reformat the Lacie, and use Paragon. Have any of you got experience with this? I still have some programs on the PC that I would like to use on my videofiles, every now and then, and it would ease the workflow to just move the Lacie.
RAID 3 or 5? What du you prefer, and what is the difference?
Old February 23rd, 2011, 02:34 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: NTSF HD and RAID with MAC?

I haven't used Paragon but I have used (and still use) Tuxera. It integrates with then OSX file system and becomes one of the native formats you can use, even allowing NTFS formatting via the Disk Utility.

If you have moved permanently then I would suggest reformatting it with Mac OS Journaled. I only ever use the NTFS format when I'm moving files to some one that only has Windows.

NTFS has some file size limitations that I don't want to bump in to in the future when I need it most ;)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite