FCP and Imovie sees my camera.....Idvd does not. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old February 26th, 2011, 01:34 AM   #1
Regular Crew

FCP and Imovie sees my camera.....Idvd does not.

Hi all,

Another rookie question here. I have shot some static city shots with my camera. A JVC-GY HD110. HDV tape. I simply need to burn these static shots, about 40 minutes each to a dvd. I used to use a Z1U with iDVD and it was quite simple. The program immediately recognized the camera, rewound the tape and burned the entire tape to DVD. One click and done. Now that I'm using a JVC-GY HD110, iDVD does not recognize my camera no matter what I do. Imovie does and so does FCP. However I don't know how to simply burn an entire video to DVD with those programs. Soooo, does anyone have an idea of why iDVD doesn't recognize my camera while iMovie and FCP does? I don't change a thing and both the successful programs right off the bat see the camera. I'm more than happy to try and use iMovie or FCP to burn the DVD, but I have no clue how to do that. I'm not making ANY edits. Just 40 minutes of static video to burn to DVD. I thought it would be simple. Sadly, without iDVD, it's not. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Any yea, I know it's a basic question. Just learning here. Hope that's ok. Thanks in advance for any input. I have to think it CAN'T be that hard. Feel stupid asking.
Mike Bagley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2011, 04:39 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: FCP and Imovie sees my camera.....Idvd does not.

It might be that the form of HDV that the JVC records is not recognized by iDVD. Just capture the footage in iMovie and send it to iDVD, that's three simple steps instead of one. Capture, drop on timeline, export to iDVD.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite