DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old March 26th, 2011, 07:09 AM   #1
Major Player

Viewing m2t files before going into FCP

Hi all,

I'm going through a ton of footage, that will be used to make a reality tv show (may make it on air, or might just make it to web). Either way, I'm reviewing clips by going into their folder, highlighting the clip, and hitting my space bar (using latest Mac OS). a window pops open and plays my clip. If I arrow down, it plays next clip. Hit space bar again, and clip window disappears.

They used a number of different cameras, and most of the footage, when I will take into FCP, will have to be changed into Prores. Some of the clips are in an m2t format, and its not allowing me to view in the same manor as described above. Does anyone know of a way, for me to view these m2t files, without having to change every single one of them to prores? I have days on days of footage, and would take up lots of drive space. I just need to view, and decided what is essential and what isn't.

Anyone have an easy solution for this?

Thanks as always,
Jeff
Jeff Troiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2011, 09:22 AM   #2
Wrangler

Re: Viewing m2t files before going into FCP

Check out Clipwrap, it will rewrap your files into a more manageable quicktime file. ClipWrap
Old March 26th, 2011, 10:07 AM   #3
Wrangler

If you just want to view dailies then MpegStreamclip or VLC will work with m2t. ClipWrap is the best and fastest solutions for wrapping m2t in Quicktime so you can edit as HDV in FCP.
Old March 29th, 2011, 01:45 PM   #4
Regular Crew

If you want to continue previewing clips using the same method you describe then Clipwrap is your best bet.
Scott Bellefeuille is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite