DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old May 30th, 2011, 03:10 AM   #1
Major Player

Colorization techniques and tweaking daylight

I've been playing around with the film look technique, the one which involves duplicating the clip and desaturating the top one, then going to composite mode and overlay and tweaking the blacks, whites, mids and sat on the lower clip using the 3 way color corrector.

How often do the rest of you use this technique? Do you find it only necessary in certain situations or do you re-do the color on all your work as they do after making a Hollywood movie?

Do you use the same technique I described above or is there a better way, and why do I have problems when trying to colorize multiple clips. It's possible to highlight a bunch of clips and duplicate them to sit on top of the originals but that's as far as I get.

Finally, would you recommend shooting evening scenes in the evening or shooting them in broad daylight and color correcting afterwards? ...This is what i'll be looking into next.
Cameron Poole is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite