DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old June 13th, 2011, 08:41 PM   #1
Major Player

Compressor (disappearing m2v)

I edited a film together in FCP (6.0.6) and when I was done I exported it out to compressor where I chose "DVD: Best Quality 90 minutes" under the DVD group. I then dragged and dropped "Dolby Digital Professional 2.0 (ac3), and the MPEG-2 2.6Mbps 2-pass (m2v) presets up to the top area and hit submit.

Everything seemed to be going fine until it was done (about 5 hours later) and when I went to burn the files in DVD Studio Pro there was only the ac3 file on my HD.....no m2v to be found!.....I thought I must have done something wrong so I did it all over again making doubly sure to drag the m2v setting to the top area (don't know the name for this area but I know I am dragging it to the correct place), but again when it was done (5 hours later) only the ac3 was there.

Compressor seems to be creating the m2v file because it takes forever and it says "compressor processing" and shows the frames going up numerically as it's working. I can even see the actual m2v file starting on my HD but when I come back and look after it's done only the ac3 is left.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Oliver Darden; June 13th, 2011 at 09:49 PM.
Oliver Darden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2011, 05:30 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Compressor (disappearing m2v)

If you are using source as destination and going from your timeline it will render to the root directory of your Macintosh Hd drive (your system drive).

Check there.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite