DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old July 21st, 2011, 01:42 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Solving my multi camera codec mess..

Hi all, hope i've put this in the right section, let me know if i haven't. Story is I got thrown a last minute multi camera shoot of a dance concert, no time to hire gear or properly research the best techniques so i made best with what i had which is:

JVC HD7 - shoots in interlaced MPE2 - converted to HDV1080i codec (on stage camera)
JVCHM100 - shoots XDcam set to interlaced - converted to HDV1080i codec (wide fixed camera)
Canon 60D - shoots in mp4 - converted to HDV1080i codec (200mm lens, operated camera)

i made them all the same for ease of editing in FCP, and used the codec that was most common between them. The 60D can't shoot interlaced, but i used that codec anyway for the above reason.

Whole thing is edited and ready to go onto DVD, and is looking great at 50% viewer size in FCP. Happy days!

Can you guess what i'm up against now?

Interlacing

I'd love to hear suggestions of how to best encode the finished sequences to minimise interlacing

Last edited by Marty Mulholland; July 21st, 2011 at 01:43 AM. Reason: spelling
Marty Mulholland is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite