DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old May 17th, 2012, 05:19 AM   #1
Major Player

General Error 48 - is there still hope?

I've been reconnecting media all day but I am still unable to render because 2 of the video files and one of the sound files are just white. And the start is black. Could this be the reason I have a 'General Error 48'?

I have red, orange and green render lines but it just won't render, so I just left it for a while hoping that auto render would fool my laptop into helping me complete this nightmare task, but no such luck.

In the case of the video file, I have replaced it with the original and it turns white. *(update, now black)

It should be easy, it's the first 17 seconds. I even tried using the first 17 secs of the Quicktime file of the whole thing and no difference, it is determined to make those first 17 seconds just black, (or white) whatever I put in the timeline. It feel it is mocking me.

It plays okay in the viewer though. One of the mov. clips later on is pure white instead of sunset over shrimp farm. In the time line there is a light grey thumbnail with a plus sign in the middle instead of a thumbnail picture.

What could this be?

I can get a still from it but once the playhead is moving it's sound only (which is separate anyway)

Sorry to start a new thread but this is a new can of worms, I thought I was out of the woods.

ORIGINAL THREAD: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cu...any-worse.html
Cameron Poole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 05:24 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: General Error 48 - is there still hope?

There's no point in doing a screenshot of the black, but here's the white problem halfway through the project.
Attached Thumbnails
General Error 48 - is there still hope?-white.png  
Old May 17th, 2012, 07:20 AM   #3
Major Player

I deleted the files which are not playing ball, I assume they are corrupt. It then was able to render so I popped out for a bite to eat and when I returned the 'General Error 48' was back. This general needs to be shot.

If you need screenshots or anything I can provide to help you help me then just ask. Of all my enquiries on DV Info, this one is the most important yet.
Old May 17th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #4
New Boot

Have you tried to call an exorcist?
(sorry, bad joke...)

I would examine the source files that give the problem and export them with QuickTime or other tools to "flatten" any glitch they can have. Once transcoded, the clip should work.

If the source file is not playable from start to end, you should use a video repair tool first.

-- Benoît
Benoit Joossen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite