How can I 'greenline' ALL my footage? ...I know it's possible. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old June 12th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #1
Major Player

How can I 'greenline' ALL my footage? ...I know it's possible.

A couple of months ago I was working on a pilot TV show which consisted of Sony HD footage, a few Go Pro shots, one mov file and a few jpegs, and the lot went into the timeline without any horrible red lines appearing anywhere. I was however working with a far more experienced editor and veteran of German TV who knew exactly what he was doing.

I have only ever been able to get the timeline to accept my main source of footage, and I'm currently working on a video where I need to synch the main HD footage with mov files from Apple's Photobooth which I will use to mock up a Skype conversation, and it's these files which arrive in the timeline with a red line above them, making synchronization such a headache and the project virtually un-editable.

My learning curve would take a giant leap if I was able to know what I need to do to avoid this hassle. I have obviously missed something, or perhaps I need to change the settings on the mov files, but to what?

The sequence is matched to the settings of the HD footage.

Please help,

Many thanks

Cameron
Cameron Poole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2012, 12:18 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: How can I 'greenline' ALL my footage? ...I know it's possible.

The German guy probably transcoded all the different formats to one ProRes format when you weren't looking then let the sequence conform to the first file he imported.
Jordan Hooper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite