DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old November 14th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Where've my thumbnails gone?

A couple of days ago I shut down my FCP in an unusual way. Next day when I started up most, but not all, of the thumbnails were missing from the timeline in the sequence I was working on, replaced now by the red "media offline" message. Yet the media is not offline. If I play this sequence all runs as normal (as does the rest of the project). So it's just the thumbnails that have disappeared. When I go to "reconnect media" I only get the option to reconnect, well, the media and, as I say, it's never lost connection. So my question: is there a way to reconnect to offline thumbnails?

Thanks.

John
John Whiteway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2012, 11:37 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Where've my thumbnails gone?

John,

Try this:

Quit FC.

Look for a folder that is called Thumbnail Cache files. Might be in FC documents, maybe with render files, capture scratch, etc.

Open the the Thumbnail cache folder and delete the two files, thumbnail cache and thumbnail data. (They will be regenerated when you launch FC.)

Launch FC again, and see if that solves your problem.

Jonathan
Jonathan Levin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite