New 17" PB capable of editing DVCPRO HD? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old October 19th, 2005, 04:04 PM   #1
Major Player

New 17" PB capable of editing DVCPRO HD?

Hey--Wondering if anyone knows if the 1.67 Ghz 17" PB is capable of editing DVCPRO HD (720, not 1080) in Final Cut HD. Total data rate is 50/mbs for this footage. Would like to use this computer with HVX200 and P2 Cards to edit HD. Thanks!

Peter
Peter Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2005, 05:47 PM   #2
Wrangler

I just looked quickly at the specs, but the CPU is not any faster, still a 1.67 ghz G4 single with a 5400 RPM disk. The graphics card is a little better but I don't think that has anything to do with FCP performance. And there are a few more pixels on the screen. But I wouldn't expect it to be much different in speed from the existing Powerbooks... or even a Mac Mini for that matter. I fear we will have to wait for the Intel machines before Apple's laptops begin to catch up...
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite