Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old January 17th, 2006, 10:41 PM   #1
New Boot

Final output for color correction

Hello FCP Mac Users :)

I have a question that I cant seem to find a definte answer for. I am getting ready to send a picture locked film originated on the DVX100A for color correction and mastering to digibeta, etc. I captured this footage with the normal DV settings and I just wanted to make sure I didnt mess-up. I want to send them a harddrive with the entire film. What is the best format to send them, uncompressed, etc.? Thanks so much.
Tony Gilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2006, 11:25 PM   #2
Inner Circle

If you captured DV, leave the project in DV. It's in its native/original compression, so you won't get any generation loss by copying.

Do make sure it's in a format that the other side can read. Sometimes the import tools in whatever will not work properly. You can always cover yourself by outputting to miniDV tape, one quicktime file (non-reference), media manage your entire project to be copied into a new one, XML, EDL, etc.
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2006, 12:43 AM   #3
New Boot

thanks glenn...that makes total sense
Tony Gilmore is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite