DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old March 31st, 2006, 08:23 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Quicktime Harware Codec?

Is anyone from AJA, Black Magic or the like looking into real hardware based ASIC acceleration for their capture cards to speed up rendering in FCP. Not just something that assists with uncompressing files for playback. I mean a real ASIC set that renders multiple flavors of quicktime, MPEG2-4 and so on in real time. Other companies such as AVID, Autodesk and Matrox have turned ordinard computers into impressive workstations with the addition of hardware accelerated ASICs at various price points.

I don't wan't to see those dam red lines evertime you nudge a clip, tweek a transition or import a motion effect, and I don't want ot wait several minutes to render a 30 second spot!
Old April 1st, 2006, 11:59 AM   #2
Regular Crew

AJA does it for dvcprohd
Phil Hover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2006, 06:59 PM   #3
Regular Crew

AJA Kona cards accelerate playback (helps with the decompression of the file) of DVCPro HD and HDV but it does nothing to accelerate the rendering or output of quicktime the native format of FCP.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite