MacBook Pro Final Cut at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old April 4th, 2006, 05:52 AM   #1
Tourist

MacBook Pro Final Cut

Anyone got hold of the new Final Cut Studio 5.1 (Universal version) yet? I'm dying to see how it handles on a MacBook Pro. Specifically will it handle HDV?

Let us know, I'm thinking seriously about buying one but want to hear the verdict first.

Dave
David Brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2006, 08:39 AM   #2
Major Player

There is a write up here from HDforIndies. It's a précis of a post from another website which is linked on the blog. In short... FCP 5.1 on a MacBook seems pretty fast.
Dylan Pank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2006, 08:46 AM   #3
Capt. Quirk

"-It'll record the first 2 channels of audio over FireWire even though the camera can do 4, have to use HD-SDI capture for 4 channels. Probably possible to do a mixed capture, video over FireWire and audio over HD-SDI."

I thought that the H1 doesn't send any audio over hd-sdi, you have to capture that seperately, as well as timecode. Am I wrong?
Old April 10th, 2006, 03:34 PM   #4
Major Player

well i can say that so far fcp 5.1 runs perfectly on the macbook. i have captured some footage from my jvc gy-hd100u and sifting through the pieces doesn't feel any different than my dual 2.5 G5. will update after i finish some editing...
Greg Bellotte is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite