DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old June 22nd, 2006, 11:36 AM   #1
Major Player

Final Cut Pro and Surround Sound

I've been looking into getting some real monitor speakers for my editing room (just been getting by with crappy old bookshelf models on the floor for the last couple years), and I found some nice m-audio LX4s with subwoofer and full surround monitors.

I started thinking about it, and realized I've never thought about doing a surround sound mix before. Does Final Cut Pro have the ability to handle surround sound mixes? I have version 4.1. Is anyone currently doing this in some way? Do I have to export to ProTools or something to do the surround editing, or ?

Thanks...
Philip Gioja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 07:17 AM   #2
Major Player

As far as I know, although I've never tested it out, Apple introduced the ability to output 24 mono channels in Final Cut Pro 4. So yes, 4.1 should be able to handle surround sound. However, you'll need something like the Aja I/O to make use of the feature.
Chris Hocking is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite