DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old June 29th, 2006, 06:57 PM   #1
Major Player

Soundtrack Pro Scripts

...anyone use those? I'm trying to capture clips in iMovie then bring them into FCP if I use STP to resample them to 48KHz then they don't need any rendering. So I send one clip over and resmaple it and save the whoe process as a script back in FCP the render bar is gone, so far so good then I right click on another clip to apply the script everything works until after the resample it says error cannot save the file. Any ideas? TIA
Old June 29th, 2006, 08:38 PM   #2
Major Player

I'm curious as to why you capture in iMovie then edit in FCP. FCP and Soundtrack Pro are well integrated and designed to work together almost as seamlessly as a single app.
Old June 29th, 2006, 09:12 PM   #3
Major Player

Basically I want to save wear on my cam so I capture into imovie which will split scenes for me automatically with separate quicktime files for each clip. I used to capture whole tapes in FCP but and use dv start/stop detection to create subclips but if I wanted to send one of them over to soundtrack for any kind of auido repair FCP would send over the entrie 1 hour master clip so I was trying to find some kind of work-around.
Old July 2nd, 2006, 01:05 AM   #4
Regular Crew

workaround...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Schmidt
Basically I want to save wear on my cam so I capture into imovie which will split scenes for me automatically with separate quicktime files for each clip. I used to capture whole tapes in FCP but and use dv start/stop detection to create subclips but if I wanted to send one of them over to soundtrack for any kind of auido repair FCP would send over the entrie 1 hour master clip so I was trying to find some kind of work-around.
Since you are only worried about selected clips, why not just go back to capturing via FCP and then exporting the selected clip from the timeline to a full res quicktime file and working on the quicktime file in Soundtrack. I imagine this would save you quite a bit of time. Also, doesn't Imovie capture footage at an inferior codec vs. capturing in FCP? I thought I heard this a while back but I'd like for someone to clear this up as I haven't worked in Imovie for several versions.
Nathan Chaszeyka is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite