Scrubbing problems at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old August 1st, 2006, 06:07 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Scrubbing problems

I am editing a two hour speech on FCE. When I started the edit I could use the little rectangular block in the canvas window to scrub through the time line. At first it played through each frame so the voice went all chimpmunk and was good as I could make sense of what was being said.

However now it jumps forward in blocks of frames at a time - no chipmunk voice. How do I get it back to the former? I have both audio and video RT Scrubbing selected.

Also I've noticed some of my basic keyframing to shrink the screen size has resulted in the screen strobing a tad as it shrinks and expands towards the relative keyframes. I'm sure these must be related but not sure how. This is the only sequence open and the canvas window is on 'fit to window' - can anyone help?

Cheers
Daniel Stevenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2006, 03:08 PM   #2
Regular Crew

From my experience, you only get audio in 1x and 2x playback modes. If you go any higher, audio mutes out.
Brian Critchlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2006, 03:02 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Well it's jumped back to how it was originally b=now so I can only assume it is just some random intermittent thing. I definately had it up full pace and heard the audio.

After some playing around I've found having the canvas window on anything more than 40% causes this effect to happen but I'm positive that wasn't the case when it originally happened.
Daniel Stevenson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite