DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old August 26th, 2006, 07:44 PM   #1
New Boot

FCP5 to HD-DVD or Blue-ray workflow

Ok, I am nearing completion on editing my first HDV project on FCP5. Are there any Blue-Ray Burners or HD-DVD burners suppported by MAC/FCP?
Camron Settlemier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2006, 12:48 AM   #2
Kino-Eye

The latest version of DVD Studio Pro allows you to burn an HD DVD content onto a standard DVD-R, and while there is a limited range of players for this, it does provide an option for delivery of HD content. You can play back HD DVD content that has been burned onto a standard DVD-R if you have a fast Mac (G5 or better), Apple DVD Player v4.6 or later, and Mac OS X v10.4 or later.

This offers a stop-gap measure until HD DVD and Blu Ray authoring, burning, and playing becomes more widespread that makes sense of you have control of the display situation. The problem remains, HD DVD and Blu Ray are going to duke it out and while we want, consumers will continue to be happy with the existing DVD standard. You can be assured that now that burners areentering the marketplace, authoring software on both the PC and Mac platform will begin to support the new disks... it's there now, but for the early bleeding edge adopters.
Old August 28th, 2006, 12:53 AM   #3
Regular Crew

David
Have you been able to try these red dvd's in a bd or hd standalone player to see if they will work?

Have you encoded them with mpeg2 avc? vc-1?

THANKS
SHARYN
Sharyn Ferrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2007, 04:19 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Sorry to bring an old thread back to life, but I thought it'd be better than starting a new one.
Has anyone tried to play HD Red-Laser Studio Pro discs in any Hi-Def DVD players? I have a couple of short films that were shot on an HVX that just about fit on a HD Red Laser disc and they play fine on newer macs, but I was wondering if anoyone had tried them on anything else?
Thanks,
John
Old February 28th, 2007, 06:12 AM   #5
Major Player

There is some info on this on www.hdforindies.com

Andrew
Drew Curran is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite