Sync problem - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old March 9th, 2003, 12:49 PM   #16
Major Player

That's good news. Since Quicktime is apparently the culprit, that just might do it. I'm not ready to be one of the first on my block to discover all the new bugs that will surely be introduced with FCP-4; I'll comfortable to let the hard-chargers do that!

I understand your comment about Apple, Ken. It wasn't really Apple's doing, but since Canon cameras have such dominace in the market, and Apple advertises their fix for Canon's sloppy engineering, one would expect it to work in all combinations of FCP/QT. Hopefully, they're making that happen.

So, how soon will you jump on FCP-4? :)
Old March 9th, 2003, 01:04 PM   #17
Warden

It will depend on the cost of the upgrade and new features introduced. But I expect to have it on at least one of my computers shortly after it is introduced. I agree that the first few weeks (months?) may be rocky going. That's true any time this type of software is introduced. Avid had bugs with there last intro of DV software. Apple has been testing FCP4 pretty thoroughly so let's hope the worst has been sorted out.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2003, 08:20 AM   #18
Regular Crew

sync adjust disabled

I have just seen confirmation that sync adjust is now disabled with fcp3.04 and quicktime 6.1 , i have captured 2 one hr long video shot on canon xl1s and audio now shows up 48 in the brouser it had always previously been 48.0002 or something other than exactly 48 which means there is no sync adjust. This is totally unaceptable from apple since they had heard this LOUD AND CLEAR.
Old March 11th, 2003, 11:25 AM   #19
Warden

Try capturing in small clips, no more than 20 minutes. This helps for some people. The new version of QuickTime may contain a fix.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2003, 10:47 PM   #20
Regular Crew

I'm a bit confused about this fix Jeff. I open my clip in Quicktime, but my Quicktime has no option to save anything.
Felix Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2003, 10:54 PM   #21
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Felix,
It sounds like you are using only the (free) Quicktime Player, not Quicktime Pro. If so, you'll need to upgrade to Pro.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2003, 11:29 PM   #22
Regular Crew

No i just bought Quicktime Pro, but still nothing. I registered it and it says Quicktime Pro 6 on the registration too.
Old March 29th, 2003, 11:42 PM   #23
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Hmm. So when you open the Player, and then go to Preferences -> Registration it shows your name, serial number and "Pro Player 6.x"?

Then something's funky. You should see a File menu with Export, Save As, etc. . A visit to Apple's Quicktime support page may help.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2003, 11:44 PM   #24
Regular Crew

Just rebooted for the third time and its working properly now.
Old March 30th, 2003, 03:03 PM   #25
Regular Crew

Ok.

I tried re-saving in quicktime pro. Still the audio iis out of sync. This is also happening to me on premiere or FCP. I'm filming with a GL2, but capturing with my ZR40. Now if I used a different minidv camera to capture with (non Canon) the sync problem should go away? Also is there any reason why using say a Panasonic to capture my Canon's footage would be unadvisable?
Old March 30th, 2003, 03:44 PM   #26
Regular Crew

I've figured out that the audio sync problems happen on the "record now" function of capture. Once I logged the 5 minute clips as a batch capture it worked fine. Im sure someone has mentioned that , I'm probably just blind :)
Felix Jones is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite