DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   FCP 5.1.2 NOW AVAILABLE with 720P24 & 720P25 native support (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/75138-fcp-5-1-2-now-available-720p24-720p25-native-support.html)

Jemore Santos September 10th, 2006 07:01 AM

HDV SD 50p and 60p

Do you reckon HDV SD 60p and 50p will ever be recognized natively on FCP or will just keep on working with mpeg streamclip forever?

It's better late then never with 24p and 25p!

Scott Jaco September 10th, 2006 09:06 AM

My question is.....did apple fix the capture problem where we loose 4 seconds between each clip w/ scene detection?

I'm using AIC to capture 720/30p. It is a good work around to avoid loosing the first 4 seconds of each clip. Do you think apple fixed this? I would love to capture native HDV footage.

Rob Flate September 14th, 2006 12:10 PM

Oh Lord thankyou. I have just bought a Mac Pro and Lumiere HD and spent the day screaming at both. I decided to take 5 minutes to compose myself before going back for more torture when I read this post. I am not kidding when I say it made me cry with joy. Shame I wasted £100 on Lumiere HD (which I personally think is a terrible excuse for a piece of software) but it's gonna be interesting to see what happens to the one trick pony that is Lumiere corp!

Rob.

P.S. I'm still crying

Antony Michael Wilson September 14th, 2006 02:59 PM

There's going to be hysterical joy around here when Avid finally gets their act together - that's if we haven't died of frustration first.

John Vincent September 14th, 2006 03:44 PM

Hmmmm...

Not to be too cynical - but I'll believe it when I can buy it. There have been a lot of promises by a lot of editing software companies that either never happened, or took much longer than promised. FCP is still in the former catagory for me as a JVC user.

This might, however, keep me on the fence a bit longer if I was buying a new system soon. Unfortunately, I couldn't wait (Pro2). Would've loved to have gotten FCP as I'm a Mac guy normally, but the show must go on...
john
evilgeniusentertainment.com

Tim Dashwood September 26th, 2006 03:23 PM

FCP 5.1.2 Now Available for download

http://www.apple.com/support/downloa...cutpro512.html

Or run Software update.

Andrew Young September 26th, 2006 03:33 PM

Say hello to 720p24 native on FCP!

I just downloaded it and did a quick capture test from the BR-HD50. All looks good. Haven’t tried output yet. Did not see support for HDV-SD60p

A grab bag of other goodies is also in there including DVCProHD 1080pA24, HDV 1080p24 (24F a la Canon) and XDCAM HD at 35 Mbs VBR. Man we’ve waited a long time for this. Thank you Apple!

(Note: you need to have the 5.1 crossgrade in order to get in on the action.)

Andrew Young September 26th, 2006 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Jaco
My question is.....did apple fix the capture problem where we loose 4 seconds between each clip w/ scene detection?

I'm using AIC to capture 720/30p. It is a good work around to avoid loosing the first 4 seconds of each clip. Do you think apple fixed this? I would love to capture native HDV footage.

It's still there. In fact, I'm getting closer to an 8 second loss. Not good.

David Knaggs September 26th, 2006 03:43 PM

Thanks for the tip-off (Andrew and Tim). I can't wait to try it out!

Jiri Bakala September 26th, 2006 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antony Michael Wilson
Avid PM told me December at the earliest. AXPro version 6.0.

Well at least we have some decent news from Apple. Looks like we may be ditching Avid (after 8 years+) for FCP soon anyway. Can't argue with the cost/features these days.

Same here... I really wish that Avid is reading this!

Hayes Roberts September 26th, 2006 05:41 PM

Yaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Benner September 26th, 2006 05:45 PM

Final Cut Pro 5.1.2 will not open. The download sucked. I am not happy.

Greg Boston September 26th, 2006 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Benner

Worked for me. Did you have 5.1 already? You can't go directly from 5.0.4 to 5.1.2, it's a 49USD upgrade.

-gb-

Tim Dashwood September 26th, 2006 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Benner

Just run Software Update from the Apple menu. It is so much easier and will also update Pro Applications and Cinema Tools automatically.

Steve Benner September 26th, 2006 06:16 PM

I have 5.1.1

Ran it from the software update menu. Program will not open and Cinema Tools is gone. I tried re-downloading it from the Apple website and it did nothing. The program tries to open and then has a fatal error and closes.

The Apple Support Message Boards are down currently. Does anyone know who I can talk to at Apple?