DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   FCP 5.1.2 NOW AVAILABLE with 720P24 & 720P25 native support (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/75138-fcp-5-1-2-now-available-720p24-720p25-native-support.html)

Tim Dashwood September 26th, 2006 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Benner
I have 5.1.1

Ran it from the software update menu. Program will not open and Cinema Tools is gone. I tried re-downloading it from the Apple website and it did nothing. The program tries to open and then has a fatal error and closes.

The Apple Support Message Boards are down currently. Does anyone know who I can talk to at Apple?

It is weird that the Apple FCP forum is down. I just checked and it is still down.

Has v5.1.1 worked properly for you in the past?
Have you always used Software Update to perform updates?
Are you running OS X 10.4.7?
Are you running Quicktime 7.1.3?

A fresh re-install from the original FCP 5.1 discs might fix it all for you.

Carl Martin September 26th, 2006 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
It is weird that the Apple FCP forum is down. I just checked and it is still down.

Has v5.1.1 worked properly for you in the past?
Have you always used Software Update to perform updates?
Are you running OS X 10.4.7?
Are you running Quicktime 7.1.3?

A fresh re-install from the original discs might fix it all.

I just checked the forums, and they are back online.

William Hohauser September 26th, 2006 07:10 PM

Downloaded it. It works. Noticed something interesting.

Take a look at the video scopes while running the timeline.

Steve Benner September 26th, 2006 07:12 PM

I am just going to do a re-install and see what happens. Thanks for the help, and yes, 5.1.1 worked flawlessly.

Tim Dashwood September 26th, 2006 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by William Hohauser
Take a look at the video scopes while running the timeline.

This is great. The scopes now do live updating!

There's a whole load of improvements in this area. More info in the "Late Breaking News" document.
http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/Fin..._5.0_lbn_z.pdf

Steve Benner September 26th, 2006 07:48 PM

Quote:

This is great. The scopes now do live updating!

God I wish I could see that for myself....One other person on the Apple forum apparently has the same problem, but I have no idea how Apple is going to fix my problem.

Steve Benner September 26th, 2006 08:03 PM

AVID codecs caused the crash of FCP 5.1.2

Someone figured out the problem and it has to do with conflictions between FCP and the Avid Quicktime Codecs. I deleted the quicktime codecs and FCP opened. Now someone has to come up with an answer for the Avid codec problem, but it is a next step.

Brian Duke September 26th, 2006 11:55 PM

Will this work natively with the DR-100?

Tim Dashwood September 26th, 2006 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Duke
Will this work natively with the DR-100?

I haven't tested that yet. When I did try to capture 720P24 as quicktime with the DR-HD100 (about a month ago)the files were still flagged as 29.97 frame rates, even though the software kept only the 24 frames. Cinema Tools was unable to conform the frame rate down to 23.98 because it was a HDV file.

I'm sure Focus will work on a 24P solution for FCP now that the update has been released. Representatives of theirs have said this repeatedly.

Scott Jaco September 27th, 2006 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Jaco
My question is.....did apple fix the capture problem where we loose 4 seconds between each clip w/ scene detection?

Well the 24p works fine but the 4-6 second gaps keep happening between subclips. There is no AIC for 720/24p either so you are screwed. Just make sure to pre-roll all your clips if you are going to shot 24p.

Looks like I'll still be using AIC 720/30p

Sergio Barbosa September 27th, 2006 04:00 AM

How can it be?!

After updating, when capturing 720p25, I still lose about 5 seconds on the beginning of each new clip. I knew this happened with 720p30 before, but i supposed it's now fixed... how come is this happening in 720p25... my camera has recently been on the repair bench and has probably some of the latest firmware version... it's a GY-HD100E.

Scott, you said: "make sure to pre-roll all your clips if you are going to shot 24p" - when shooting events that's not always possible, and even when it is, 1 second to be lost would already be too much.
Any workaround to avoid losing footage (and I thought I was now free from workarounds).

Thanks!

Steve Benner September 27th, 2006 05:03 AM

Quote:

I'm sure Focus will work on a 24P solution for FCP now that the update has been released. Representatives of theirs have said this repeatedly.

From Matt McEwen:

"we hope to add support for QuickTime with 720p/24 as soon as possible....this will be a maintenence release"

This means that if you purchased the Quicktime 30P update you will not have to pay for the 24P update. Considering Focus already knows how to wrap the file correctly now, I imagine this update should come fairly quick, but again that is a guess.

Antony Michael Wilson September 27th, 2006 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Benner
Someone figured out the problem and it has to do with conflictions between FCP and the Avid Quicktime Codecs. I deleted the quicktime codecs and FCP opened. Now someone has to come up with an answer for the Avid codec problem, but it is a next step.

Aaaaaaaargh!

David Scattergood September 27th, 2006 09:20 AM

Aside from the missing 5 seconds (which indeed could be quite a problem) this is good news...saying that, my iMac and FCP studio has still not arrived almost 2 weeks since ordering :(
Is it pretty much essential to purchase quicktime pro then folks?

Sergio Barbosa September 27th, 2006 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Scattergood
Is it pretty much essential to purchase quicktime pro then folks?

Quicktime Pro 7 comes bundled with Final Cut Studio!