Morphing effect at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old March 13th, 2003, 11:11 AM   #1
Tourist

Morphing effect

You know in music videos where two frames of video morph together. You think it kinda looks like a disolve, but it really looks like one thing just became the other... What software do you use to do this, and how do you do it?
Jacob Nollette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2003, 11:33 AM   #2
Regular Crew

There used to be an Avid morphing app for the Mac (forget the name) but this hasn't been updated for years.

I only know of this now: http://www.revisionfx.com/

The heyday of morphing has come and gone. Their use now is far more subtle. I remember waiting with anticipation for the first screening of Michael Jackson's Black & White video. Talk about morphing frenzy.
Simon Plissi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2003, 12:09 PM   #3
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

The morph scene at the end of "Saving Private Ryan" is a nice touch. It fits the scene rather than coming across as gimmicky.
Old March 13th, 2003, 12:46 PM   #4
Warden

Yah, the Avid morph software was made by Electric Image (I think) and included with the Avid software package. Opps, I just remembered, Elastic Reality was it's name.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2003, 07:53 PM   #5
Grinner Hester

ER is still great although it was discontinued 2 years ago. You can still get v3.1 unopened off the web though. I love it.
This technology was integrated with Avid's DS.
REvision fx does rock though. Ya otta scope it out.

grin
Old March 22nd, 2003, 11:14 PM   #6
Regular Crew

morph

I still use the old program Morph from Gryphon software. I have no idea if it is still sold. I have version 2.5 and it runs under OS9, but it works great. I have a short movie of my grandson using a series of stills that morph from one to the next giving the illusion of him growing older before your very eyes. You map points between frames and the software bridges the two frames. Of course you can chain frame to frame to frame. It works with stills.
Old April 3rd, 2003, 12:08 PM   #7
Tourist

Morphing Effect

You can go to http://www.chv-plugins.com/morph.html

They just came out with this plug in and they also have a couple of example to watch. It is a pretty cool effect. It makes people ( or anything else) change, like at the end of the Michael Jackson video "Black or White" Take a look. HTH...................Danny
Dan Russell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite