DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old November 3rd, 2006, 06:46 PM   #1
Major Player

Fixing up Clip Gaps Caused by 25P Capture Problem

I am in the middle of shooting a project in 25P and am experiencing arbitrary breaks when attempting to capture. This is in the middle of clips. I then lose some of the clips. Anyway, a sad story that is taking a lot of my time instead of shooting and making films - I know that this has been agitated a few times in a number of forums and probably the solution will emerge in a FCP revision. My question is this. I am working out a workflow to fix up the problem that involves recapturing the missing portion of clips and then I slip them into a sequence in FCP. How can I create a new clip within FCP short of exporting the sequence as a quicktime move and then importing it back as an independent clip? This would save me a lot of time. I have attempted to join through where the clips meet but without success.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rob
Robert Castiglione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2006, 05:20 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Do some searches here. This is the single most asked HDV question on all boards.

There are slight workarounds, but it seems to be a HDV problem and particulariliy with the JVC.

Gunleik

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite