DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old January 27th, 2007, 11:08 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Color Correction

I have what may be an absolutely ridiculous question, but one that I'm struggling to find a solution for:

If I have a quicktime file containing multiple shots, can I color correct the shots individually within After Effects, or would I have to bring the QT into Final Cut, manually slice and dice, and then do my color finishing?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
Chris Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2007, 11:11 PM   #2
Major Player

You'll need AUTOMATIC DUCK PRO EXPORT to After Effects to get the clips individually.

www.automaticduck.com
Shane Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2007, 01:06 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for the reply, Shane.

I'm familiar with Automatic Duck, actually; my question may not have been very clear. I was wondering if there was a way to effect only a small part of a longer clip within After Effects for color correction purposes, and to do it more than once on the same clip.

Thanks again,

Chris
Chris Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2007, 02:24 PM   #4
Major Player

A small part...you mean like just 5 seconds of a 15 second clip? Yes...keyframe.
Shane Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2007, 10:24 PM   #5
Major Player

and if you do find yourself in FCP then you don't need to slice and dice to apply the corrections, you can use the "Range Selection Tool"
... just triple pres the g key (ggg) to select the tool, and then click and drag the area to select, within the clip in the timeline, and then drop on the correction filter. it will apply to the clip but only within that selected range. cool.
Andy Mees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2007, 10:58 PM   #6
Trustee

can you do multiples selections and corrections using this technique? Hot Tip either way! Once they've been dropped in, how does it notify you that there is a filter there...i.e. If it needs to be changed later on?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite