DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old February 2nd, 2007, 10:28 AM   #1
New Boot

Pulldown

Does FCP have the ability to ingest 35mm anamorphic footage? If so what pulldown needs to be used to view it correctly? An associate mentioned to me that FCP can't pull this off but I wasn't sure and haven't messed to much with pulldown issues myself. Any place to learn about pulldown? And does anyone know how FCP deals with 35mm footage (delivered on DVCAM or DVC-PROHD, or a hard drive from a film facility)
Neil Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2007, 10:35 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Although I cut on AVID, FCP certainly can work with transferred 35mm footage. When we cut "After Twilight" (http://www.nu-classicfilms.com/trailer.html) the post house sent us the transfers on DVCAM with pulldown inserted, along with the audio files.

You can also generate a cut list for the negative cutter.
Richard Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2007, 02:44 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks. Now when you say "pulldown inserted" do you just mean they have done a process of converting it to 29.97 NTSC for you? Or what is inserted? I still don't know all the pulldown terminology.
Neil Boone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2007, 04:02 PM   #4
Jubal 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Boone
Thanks. Now when you say "pulldown inserted" do you just mean they have done a process of converting it to 29.97 NTSC for you? Or what is inserted? I still don't know all the pulldown terminology.
That's what it means -- part of the telecine process. You can, in most cases, remove the 2:3 pulldown in Cinema Tools and edit in 24p. It just might take a little bit to figure out which frame to start with.
David Jimerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2007, 08:46 PM   #5
New Boot

http://www.apple.com/finalcutstudio/...mTV_FCP_wp.pdf

this is a detailed breakdown if you're looking for something meaty and technical. They suggest DVCPRO HD.
Pete Schwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2007, 09:45 AM   #6
New Boot

thanks for the link
Neil Boone is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite