JVC/FCP Time code breaks - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old March 12th, 2007, 09:30 AM   #16
Major Player

All these workarounds are fine and dandy as long as you don't need to recapture the footage some time later. If you do, then you may want to make a clone tape and then use that as your source. That way you will have TC intact throughout the whole tape.
Old March 14th, 2007, 05:14 PM   #17
Major Player

finding fcp tc breaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Nelson View Post
I have a few questions regarding these fcp capture work arounds.

I am also trying to figure out how I can find the breaks once the file is imported into fcp. I am sure there would be a noticeable break in the audio/video but I rather there be an easier way.
There is a tool in fcp to detect breaks - generally used to identify the takes in a bulk capture. It puts a marker in the clip. It'sin the tool menu - sorry can't recall this sec, but if you don't find it I'll give more specific info. I used this extensively for a documentation project with many hours of shots to catalog. I also set up an automated way to cut these into subclips.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite