Major problem w FCP 5.1.2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old May 21st, 2007, 11:58 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Major problem w FCP 5.1.2

Hey guys - I'm having a very nasty black screen of death episode on my G5 Intel quad 2.66.

A project I created on this machine in FCP 5.1.2 will now simply not open. Everytime I try to open it I get the black screen that tells me I need to restart by holding down the power button. All my other projects open - its just this one that won't.

What is really weird is that thism project will open on other machines - Intels and Power Macs.

I think it may have something to do with the log notes, because when I reimpoertd the media into another project, took this new project to a machine that would open my original project, and then copied the log notes across, the new project corrupted as well when I tried to open it on my Intel.

Any ideas?
Daniel Stevenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2007, 12:21 AM   #2
Major Player

Have you tried to open one of the FCP autosave files?.

If you can open the file on an other mac, can you use relink the media and then use media manager to export the project into a new project?.

Or trashing the FCP prefs.
James Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2007, 02:03 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Good idea re autosave but had already deleted prefs.

The really bizarre thing is that after a day of trying all sorts of things, the project has just started opening. Think the computer must be the prob, I was getting lots of -600 error message codes all day as well. Pretty sure it is a first generation Intel thing as we've had big probs with another Intel at work as well.

Thanks for your suggestions!
Daniel Stevenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2007, 10:21 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Stevenson View Post
Good idea re autosave but had already deleted prefs.

The really bizarre thing is that after a day of trying all sorts of things, the project has just started opening. Think the computer must be the prob, I was getting lots of -600 error message codes all day as well. Pretty sure it is a first generation Intel thing as we've had big probs with another Intel at work as well.

Thanks for your suggestions!
I hope you have your stuff backed up because it could be the hard drive is getting ready to fail

Last edited by Pete Cofrancesco; May 22nd, 2007 at 03:37 PM.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2007, 12:23 PM   #5
Major Player

I just had the same problem. I loaded an old project that was backed up on dvd. Turns out when I copied it back to hard drive, the files where locked. Do a "get info" or top folder, go to bottom and unlock permissions, then apply to all enclosed files....that's what worked for me.

Cheers,
Scott
Scott Shama is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite