DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old May 28th, 2007, 11:55 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Subframe audio clip slide?

Does anyone know if it's possible to slide (aka move) an audio clip on the timeline at subframe resolution? I'm not talking about slipping the clip at subframe level, I know how to do that. But in this case consider that you have a sound effect that is no longer or shorter than it needs to be, so there's no handles, so slipping won't work to move the in point.

In Sony Vegas I can turn off "quantize to frames", which means that I can slide clips around on the timeline at subframe level. I haven't found any way to do this in Final Cut Pro, it looks like the timeline in FCP is frame resolution and can't be changed.

Is the only way to do this to send the project to Soundtrack Pro (or other audio sequencer) and move the audio clip into position there? I've done that, but just hoping I could do it in FCP.
Old May 29th, 2007, 08:14 AM   #2
Major Player

Nice idea but sadly no. Levels and such can be manipulated on a subframe level but not the clip itself. I seem to recall that Vegas started out life as a audio app so maybe thats why such features exist there?
Andy Mees is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite