Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old June 1st, 2007, 02:55 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Help! Problem with DVD Studio Pro

Hi:
I am using FCP 5.1.4's DVD Studio Pro and I am trying to create a DVD from a file that was exported as a self contained QT movie. Markers were set to DVD Pro and the H.264 60 min format for DVD Pro was used during the compression process in Compressor. The resultant mov file's dimensions are 1280x720 at 10 mbps. DVD Studio pro will not allow the importation of this file, its error box indicates that it is an "incompatible format." Any suggestions???
Ron
Ronald Wilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2007, 08:54 PM   #2
New Boot

Try opening the file in QT and then export it to a file type that is acceptable. If that doesn't work, open the file in FCP and export it using the QT conversion and create afile with the dimensions that you want.
Laura Coffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2007, 09:41 PM   #3
Regular Crew

DVD Pro

Hello Laura:

Thank you for your suggestion but the original file was created in FCP and exported as a self contained QT file and then imported into Compressor to create the H.264 file. It is here where the problem seems to have originated since DV ProStudio 4 claims to have the capability to import an H.264 file. I have seen other posts on the net where others have had a similar experience but, unfortunately, the solution, if there was one, was not mentioned. I am fairly certain that I have configured DV Pro properly for that type of file but each and every time I try to import the file it kicks out the video and keeps the audio component. If I take the same FCP exported QT file and import it directly into DV Pro and allow it to do the compression to MP2, it works fine but the end result (i.e. video quality) leaves much to be desired.
I really do not know where to go from here other than to search for an alternative to DV Pro for DVD authoring.
Ron

Last edited by Ronald Wilk; June 2nd, 2007 at 05:24 PM.
Ronald Wilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2007, 04:06 PM   #4
Regular Crew

DVDPro

Well, i have tried everything that I can think of, including reformating the entire project to 1280x720 and then exporting it as a self contained QT. From there I imported once again into compressor and output an H.264 60 min file for DVD Pro. The resultant mov file is quite good when viewed in QT Player, however, DVD Pro will still not accept the video component ... it keeps the audio and spits out the video. Before investing the time for all of the above, I tried outputting just several of the clips that are contained in the above project and oddly enough, DVD Pro accepted them without issue ... what am I missing here????
Ronald Wilk is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite