DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old June 6th, 2007, 01:43 PM   #1
Major Player

Boyd - Can you help again...FCP6?

Course this is open to anyone who may be able to help - Boyds link above (Missing Firewire) was a tremendous help before after loading FCP5.

(FCP6 -G5 - BR50 Deck - Standard & Hi Def monitors)

Since uploading FCP6 - we appear to have lost the ability to monitor HDV back through the BR50 deck (message: 1280x720 HDV Firewire Missing) - the only way we can get it to play is to set the prefs in FCP to Firewire DVPal - this of course plays back an SD image (on a high Def monitor) and it also makes the image look very very narrow.

Have checked HDV tape in deck and all looks good on the monitor - have checked HDV QT files on the mac (in QT) and all looks good. And of course the firewire is working since standard DV works okay.

Help very much appreciated....

Many thanks... Stu
Stewart Menelaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2007, 09:11 PM   #2
Wrangler

Sorry, I am still on FCP 5.0.x and MacOS X 10.4.8 on my "lowly" dual G5 :-) The upgrade is very tempting - am especially interested in "Color" - but I will probably hold off awhile until I have a project that justifies upgrading my whole system...
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2007, 02:07 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Boyd - Anyone else?

Thanks for the reply Boyd - We did not want to upgrade so quickly but there are some new features in FCP6 that will be helpful for a new project.

Anyone else?

I will be talking to our Apple suppliers (tech dept) today - see if they know anything - Hopefully I will post the answer soon should no one be able to help with this. Any ideas most welcome....

Regards: Stu
Stewart Menelaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2007, 12:59 PM   #4
Major Player

Memory is really getting bad....

Found the answer... but knew it already...

It is not possible to view HDV back via Firewire unless you play back using "Print to video" - (says so in the instructions) I definitly need a holiday... all these software upgrades are fogging my brain...:-)

Stu...
Stewart Menelaws is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite