DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old June 18th, 2007, 09:11 PM   #1
New Boot

Quick time compression Clips stuttering

Okay so I tried a couple compressions of the first HD video I've done in FCP. I used H.264. After taking much longer than I had thought it would I was left with a 80mb file. Seams kinda big for a 4 minute movie. Anyway after watching the .mov the quality was great but some of the clips arnt working right. Im pretty sure it is only in the spots where I have sped things up a bit. It plays the clip multipul times from differnt starting and stopping points..!
How could this happen? What is happening? Everything looks and runs smooth in FCP. Can anyone help?
Old June 19th, 2007, 08:02 AM   #2
Major Player

I know of several people with this problem. There's a bug lurking somewhere. The video goes out of synch and you see it twice for a brief instant.

Output the .mov through Compressor instead of making a QT Movie off the timeline. Or vice versa if you used Compressor first. And make a self-contained .mov instead of a reference movie.

I haven't had it happen to me because I'm still on 10.4.8 and 5.1.2, so I don't know exactly which it is.... but ouput it another way and it should be fine.
Chuck Fadely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2007, 09:27 PM   #3
New Boot

Yea I used compressor, worked fine, took 2 hours or more tho. Is this normal for a 4 minute movie?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite