My font is skewed in FCP!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old June 22nd, 2007, 12:15 PM   #1
Major Player

My font is skewed in FCP!!

There is one font I need to use for work. And it appears skewed in final cut, but looks fine in all other programs (after effects, photoshop, etc...) I can tell it is skewed and not italic because even the cursor line is skewed! The cursor does not skew when you select italic, just the letters. I have tested with all other fonts, they do not skew nor does the cursor.
After this glitch other things started happening. I could no longer see my video it just appeared black and wierd stuff like that. I trashed preferences, and FCP works normally again accept this font, which makes final cut go crazy!

I have to use this font "whitney" and I have to use it in final cut 5.0.4 on my powerbook (15inch 2g sdram).

any ideas?
Aric Mannion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2007, 01:44 PM   #2
Regular Crew

FCP and large fontfamilies together give trouble. There's a workarround. Go to Typecatalog (or is it called Fontcatalog on English systems?) and disable all family members of the Whitney font, exept the one (or two) you want to use. FCP will be happily after.
Klaas van Urk is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite