Warning - This clip does not match this sequence's settings at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old July 6th, 2007, 04:26 PM   #1
New Boot

Warning - This clip does not match this sequence's settings

While attempting to drag clips into my editing timeline, FCP warns me that my clip isn't matching my sequence settings and asks if I want to change my sequence to meet the clip's format (yes or no).

When I tell FCP "yes" to changing the sequence settings, the sequence settings get changed to an editing timebase of 29.97 (I originally set my sequence to 23.98 as I shot 480i/24p on the HVX200 using DV tape).

My complete original sequence settings are...

Frame: 720 x 480/NTSC DV (3:2)
Aspect Ratio: NTSC - CCIR 601/DV (720 x 480), Anamorphic 16:9
Editing Timebase: 23.98
Quicktime Video Settings: DV/DVCPRO - NTSC

Are my original sequence settings incorrect and should I use 29.97 as FCP wants to push me toward, or am I okay to continue editing in 23.98 despite the warning FCP is giving me? I guess I'm confused as to why FCP doesn't like me using the 23.98 setting despite having shot in 24p.
Matt Case is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2007, 02:55 PM   #2
Inner Circle

I have no experience with FCP but it should be similar with Premiere - you should have an option to conform your footage to the project settings (in PremPro you right click on the asset and choose "conform). Under no circumstances should you let the project settings be changed to this clip's properties.
Old July 7th, 2007, 10:34 PM   #3
Major Player

It's because it's actually recorded on tape in a 29.97 stream.

Try recording as 24pa (advanced) and remove the pulldown with cinema tools to get a true 24p video.

Try this... open up one of the 24p clips in quicktime and hit apple-i. I bet it will say it's a 29.97 file. OR, you can just continue to edit in a 29.97 timeline.
Gene Crucean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2007, 11:50 AM   #4
New Boot

Use the 23.98 time line and do the rendering! in this way you ' ll remove the pulldown and you' ll edit in true 24p!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Case View Post
While attempting to drag clips into my editing timeline, FCP warns me that my clip isn't matching my sequence settings and asks if I want to change my sequence to meet the clip's format (yes or no).

When I tell FCP "yes" to changing the sequence settings, the sequence settings get changed to an editing timebase of 29.97 (I originally set my sequence to 23.98 as I shot 480i/24p on the HVX200 using DV tape).

My complete original sequence settings are...

Frame: 720 x 480/NTSC DV (3:2)
Aspect Ratio: NTSC - CCIR 601/DV (720 x 480), Anamorphic 16:9
Editing Timebase: 23.98
Quicktime Video Settings: DV/DVCPRO - NTSC

Are my original sequence settings incorrect and should I use 29.97 as FCP wants to push me toward, or am I okay to continue editing in 23.98 despite the warning FCP is giving me? I guess I'm confused as to why FCP doesn't like me using the 23.98 setting despite having shot in 24p.
Max Bettelle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite