DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old July 12th, 2007, 05:05 AM   #1
Regular Crew

simple storage ideas?

hi,
I shoot freelance (JVC GY-HD111E PAL)for a lot of different clients in a lot of different areas.
I have determined the easiest way (for me ) is to rough edit on the run (new macbookpro,4GB,160hd @ 7200,FCS2) store in my external and give the client the external which will have the clips in the appropriate folders there ready to go.
What i would really love to know (total newbie question) is a simple workflow that will present my work in the highest quality possible (always giving client 720p 25p). maybe this is a random question but there might be quite an easy answer, thanks for all of your advice and wisdom
mick wilcomes
Mick Wilcomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2007, 09:27 PM   #2
Major Player

I use a very similiar setup for my HVX-200 and P2 files. I convert using MacBook Pro and download to a external hard drive. I let them know we are not shooting to tape and give them a 90 day return policy on the drive or they can keep it and I will just bill them for it. I make the external drives my self using inexpensive kits off of newegg. Its cheaper than buying a name brand drive. Otherwise in the future Blu-ray will be the way to go. Just burn the footage to a 25/50 gig Blu-ray disc and there you have it. Just have to wait for a Macbook Pro to get Blu-ray burner. LaCie has one now but its a bit pricey.
Old July 14th, 2007, 08:31 AM   #3
Regular Crew

thanks

cheers for the reply mate!
yes i agree with the blu-ray too, and waiting for Mac........
when you say convert , is there any specific settings you use for this process?
mick
Mick Wilcomes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite