DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old July 18th, 2007, 02:29 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Logging questions

I am new to FCP - I learned editting on Avid but because I wanted to do 24F on the Canon, I made the switch (that and the increased HD capability of FCP).

So perhaps this is just a dumb newbie question. I did do a search of forums and came up empty.

I have had no problem capturing clips on the fly. However when I try to log, I set the in and out points - still no problem in the markers window of the log and capture window. I then hit "Log Clip" and the out point is given an extra 2 hours. So what was once a 20 second clip is now a 2 hour and 20 second clip.

Thoughts?

By the way, I am running Final Cut Pro 6.0 and on a PowerPC G5 dual 2.5 Ghz and am capturing through the computer's firewire card.

thanks
Nate Clarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2007, 02:42 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Actually, let me modify that and say that all four clips I tried to log all had the same exact out point 22:43:23:05
Nate Clarke is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite