inner corporate video web at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old September 19th, 2007, 07:03 AM   #1
Regular Crew

inner corporate video web

I am going to make a few small maybe 10-15 minute training videos for my fellow technicians in my corporation. We own many properties and there are many people out there that service the same machines I do. I am always answering the same questions for my fellow techs. I finally got my corporation to create a forum within our inner corporate web site. Now we can post. This is were the training video comes in. What is the best way to make this video? The video will have a link to the server were it will be stored and viewed by our techs when they click on the link.
My programs I have are premiere 6. The video will be viewed with Windows media player on the computer. What will be the best way to go about making a wmv complient video. Advice please. Thanks
Old September 19th, 2007, 01:01 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Edit the project in Premiere and output to DV AVI. Then take the AVI file and compress it with Windows Media Encoder (free from Microsoft).
Old September 19th, 2007, 01:43 PM   #3
Regular Crew

any recommendations for tweaking settings in wme ?
Old October 2nd, 2007, 12:29 AM   #4
New Boot

The most important setting you'll probably have to configure is the bit rate of the video. Higher bit rates = higher quality video = bigger downloads.

How will these people be accessing the video?

Are they on a high speed local area network (LAN) in your office?

Or are they coming in from a home connection via Virtual Private Network (VPN) which is much slower?

The answer to your WME question probably depends upon the answers to those questions.
Old October 2nd, 2007, 05:29 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Tamayo View Post
any recommendations for tweaking settings in wme ?
I find that the resizing algorithm in WMEncoder is poor, as it is poor in most compression programs (even in such much acclaimed programs as Canopus Procoder or Sorenson Squeeze), so I resize and bump up the contrast and sharpness a bit in VirtualDub, and output to HUFF YUV codec - then take that file to WME. The result is, in my opinion, significantly better than QT or flash at the same bitrate.

Settings in WME are pretty much optimized for the template you choose, I usually go with them.

You can watch a sample I just uploaded a few days ago, http://www.dialogcuviata.com/video/03.html - it's Windows Media at 500 KB/sec.
Old October 2nd, 2007, 06:20 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Hey Ervin, I've been testing Camtasia software, you can get the full demo for 30 days. While the software is really for doing screen captures, it does encode to a variety of formats and in flv, will put up a player with all the html files.

I rarely recommend software, but the guys and gal at Camtasia are great in answering questions. Check them out, let me know if it works for you.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video