iMovie to Azureus/Vuze.com - need Newbie advice at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video

Old December 20th, 2007, 03:43 PM   #1
Regular Crew

iMovie to Azureus/Vuze.com - need Newbie advice

I'm trying to support the sport of cyclocross in the U.S. (if you don't know what it is think: 1-2 mile zig-zag course laid out in a park/beach with yellow caution tape, raced for 30 - 60 min. on sort of a road bike with bigger tires, with barriers, steep run-ups, stairs, sand pits, mud, etc. – add rain, snow & wind if possible).

I shoot HD with Canon HV20. Got tired of blurry-choppy youtube and first checked out BitTorrent at vuze.com. Downloaded a Warren Miller 3 min. SD ski video at 36MB. Looked great. The "Share: Quicktime" menu in iMovie offers me a lot of possiblities in the Expert Settings. My 8 min 15 GB iMovie ended up as a 300MB Quicktime movie (H. 264,1280X720, best quality, Frame rate 30, deinterlaced). Playing this on my Mac (full screen) when the cyclists are moving left-right/right-left their bodies (and some background images) get chopped up into lots of horizontal lines. Don't see this at about 1/4 screen size.

Anyway, I uploaded this to Vuze.com. I got an email when uploading was finished saying it was available for downloading. I downloaded it (190MB)
and the motion distortion is worse. So motion in the Warren Miller's 36MB SD video is sharp and motion in my 200 MB HD video sucks.

I don't expect a tutorial from the forum, but would like to get pointed to where I can get educated on how to go from iMovie to a quality video at Vuze.com. I'm quite willing to buy/learn other software. Appreciate any advice. Bob

Last edited by Bob Warner; December 20th, 2007 at 05:47 PM. Reason: clarify
Bob Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2009, 10:11 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi Bob,

could you provide links to the example video? So we can be on the same page and quicker to help you.

Cheers,
Paul.
Paul Lashmana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2009, 03:01 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Bob,

Without seeing the video it's hard to say, but it sounds like an interlacing problem to me.
You could try using MPEGstreamclip for exporting to h.264, it's freeware and certainly does the job.

I presume the Warren Miller clip was probably encoded by a hardware/pro encoder and the fact it was probably originated on film, doesn't make it a great comparison for you. Maybe look for other clips that were shot with the HV20 as a benchmark?

Adrian
Adrian Frearson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video