Squeeze 5 Pro for Flash: Update 5.0.4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video

Old February 28th, 2009, 04:13 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Squeeze 5 Pro for Flash: Update 5.0.4

Not sure how long this update has been out... but I discovered it existed today whilst trying to deal with a frustrating string of failed conversions to WMV (from Quicktime 7.5 movies). This particular corporate client wants WMVs for part of their delivery route - as well as DVDs and Flash.

Installed the 5.04 update from the Sorenson website (my previous Squeeze version was 5.0.3) on both my Mac and Windows PCs and all now works perfectly again, as it should, for conversion to WMV.

Just posting this to try and save someone else wasting a few hours going through the same frustrations. Link below.

Sorenson Media - - Squeeze 5.0.4 - WMV output on Intel Macs and Win
Old March 13th, 2009, 09:10 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Glad to see others here using Sorenson Media Squeeze. I've used them since version 3 and find the output quality excellent and the UI efficient (most of the time). I prefer it over Cleaner hands down.

However, both version 4 and 5 have had at least one significant bug that has affected me, cost me time to reproduce for them and then I had to wait months for an update with the fix. But at least they've not gone away or been bought by a conglomerate that just wants to milk it for cash. Sorenson Media is keeping the product current.

According to my install, the build you refer to is 5.0.4.6 and that was published in November 2008. I understand from Tech support they are planning an update "this spring" which will do a number of things including fixing the totally broken H.264 support in version 5.0.4.6 on non-Intel Macs:
More Problems with Squeeze & Flash with H.264 CODEC : Web Streaming - Audio|Video

According to their Tech Support, they are not fixing the problem that you cannot embed H.264 like you can Spark Pro and On codecs.
Les Wilson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video