plain vanilla video for PC? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old June 26th, 2009, 12:44 PM   #1
Major Player

plain vanilla video for PC?

I'm updating some PDFs created in Adobe InDesign file. I'd like to add a video clip to each ID file/PDF, but the clips are currently in WMV format, which is unsupported.

ID will take SWF, Quicktime, and AVI, and my audience is 99.9 percent PC-based, even though I'm on a Mac.

For problem-free conversion and playability on a generic PC, which would be the best format? Thanks.
Philip Fass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2009, 07:46 PM   #2
Trustee

Probably Flash. That's the standard for Web video, or at least one of the bigger ones. The other is h.264 in a QuickTime wrapper. Files with be somewhat larger with h.264, depending upon compression levels but you might get higher quality video with less artifacts out of this option.
Tripp Woelfel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video