Flash Video Encoding at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old June 29th, 2004, 05:07 PM   #1
Major Player

Flash Video Encoding

Does anyone have any experience with encoding video with the new Flash MX 2004 exporter?

If so, what settings do you/would you use to produce low, medium and and high bandwidth movies?

I have been playing around with different exporter settings from FCP and have tried 40, 110, and 350 kbits/sec, but the quality is too low it seems to me. Esp. the 40.

I note the encoder's "low" setting is 153 kbits/sec -- still to high for dial-up?
Peter Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2004, 01:52 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Peter,

I experimented for a while with using the Flash MX 2004 video exporter (flv format) for delivering large pixel frame size video from CD, and finally gave up on it - it _really_ is not a good compressor.

Eventually settled on Cleaner XL - this produces fine quality flv video.

Regards,

Julian
Julian Luttrell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video