batch processing for Mac at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old August 1st, 2002, 11:32 AM   #1
tbarrand

batch processing for Mac

I am putting my dance collection (2500 3-5 minute sequends) up at a web site and would like to batch process edited clips to Quicktime, Real Media, and MPEG formats. Can I do this with Mac software? I have found Windows software for it (Scenalyzer) but don't really want to run Virtual PC for this process.
Old August 1st, 2002, 11:53 AM   #2
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Indeed you can batch-process multiple clips for multiple targets using Discreet's Cleaner 5. It's not cheap but it's probably the most powerful product of its genre. Cleaner 6 is coming out shortly so you might be able to time your purchase of 5 for a free upgrade to 6.

http://www.discreet.com/products/cleaner/cleaner51/

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2002, 03:21 PM   #3
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Ken Tanaka : Indeed you can batch-process multiple clips for multiple targets using Discreet's Cleaner 5. It's not cheap but it's probably the most powerful product of its genre. Cleaner 6 is coming out shortly so you might be able to time your purchase of 5 for a free upgrade to 6.

http://www.discreet.com/products/cleaner/cleaner51/ -->>>

Ken,

I just purchased Clearner 5 based on the premise of a free upgrad to 6. From what I understand the new upgrade is supposed to be incredible. So I hope it delivers on all that is promised.

Web link to Discreet Cleaner 6 info:

http://www.discreet.com/products/cleaner/cleaner6/
Houston, Texas
Paul Sedillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2002, 06:49 AM   #4
Warden

Cleaner 6 is supposed to be much, much quicker. Cleaner 5 does a great job quality wise, but is too slow for all but my shortest projects. However, I use it to go to DVD rather than Quicktime for the web. So the rendering times shouldn't be a problem for your project.

Jeff
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2002, 04:24 PM   #5
Number 1000

Cleaner 5 will do the job just fine.
I have owned every version of cleaner from the way back.
It does take more time than other compression software, but it is worth the wait.
Currently Cleaner will batch 2000 files at one time. but I wouldn't try that.
I would work on about a hundred at a time. You still have to babysit the process a little.
One of the great things Cleaner will do is it will ftp the files right to your server as they are finished.
I strongly recomend Cleaner 5, but nerver buy software based on what's nexr.
That's just smart business.

good luck.

Adam
Adam Brooks is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video