Flash video keyed over webpages - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old July 27th, 2007, 12:50 PM   #16
Major Player

I made a short video clip for my site, but it doesn't look like it was an after thought. All those "walk-on" videos look the same and like someone said, hey I got an idea, and it was stuck over the html page.....
Using video will only work well when most everyone has high speed access. But that looks like it will happen long after I'm dead and gone.
Jon

http://jaschob.com/
Jon Jaschob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2007, 12:46 AM   #17
Major Player

David, you were raptured!

I guess that's why in most cases they walk on the screen and then walk off to avoid the Star Trek effect. I think it would be fun to try one with a person coming up from the bottom.
Old July 30th, 2007, 10:47 AM   #18
Major Player

I understand that you can make a keyed video to overlay in flash, but can you make the keyed video come up at any time, over whatever is currently playing in Flash?
Aric Mannion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 11:33 AM   #19
Major Player

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, Aric, but if you visit www.netvideomaker.com and hit the forward arrows on the embedded player you'll have both the overlay and the Flash video below it playing simultaneously. I know of no reason why one couldn't delay the opening of the overlay or of course introduce a play button to start it.

David Hurdon
David Hurdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2007, 08:57 AM   #20
Major Player

that looks promising!
Aric Mannion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2007, 10:37 AM   #21
Major Player

thats a good demo video david. your getting quite a good key there.
i particualrly liked the blending into the 3d scene witht shadow on the floor.

are you using aftereffects for keying?
I used to have some tricks up my sleeve for getting a good key with SD footage.

i recently went HD and im keen to experiment with keying with it. especially if the output is onto web or standard tv. im hoping for an immaculate key.
what are peoples experience with HD keying?

maybe i should post a fresh topic.
Ger Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2007, 11:40 AM   #22
Major Player

Ger, I was fortunate to find and buy Ultra 2 from Serious Magic before Adobe bought them off the market and incorporated the app into the latest video suite. I think there was an HDV version before the sale but I might be thinking of their DV Rack product. It is a remarkable tool - between the keyer and the background eraser functions it will clean up just about anything. And we used clips from two of the virtual sets libraries for the embedded video segment. Also very cool stuff.

David Hurdon
David Hurdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2007, 12:47 PM   #23
Major Player

Maybe some help, maybe not.....

Two ways of triggering "events" with Flash video.

1) Cue Points, I've never used them cuz the interface/timeline is too rough for me in the encoder. Timeline should zoom in and out.

2) create a sound object from the videos sound, poll the sound objects timecode and trigger the events from the SO timecode. ( in plane english, "if sound objects timecode equals or is grater than 500: do this".) You can create a temp button/text box to to display the timecode when you click the button. This gives you millisecond control over your events.

If you are only wanting to delay (onload) the entrance of a keyed flash object over an html page, check out the layer animation extension for Dreamweaver, free from Project Seven. Lots of parameters.

Hope this helps a bit...?
Jon
Jon Jaschob is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > Flash / Web Video