RC Chopper Questions and Recommendations at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Flying Cameras
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Flying Cameras
UAV, Helicam, and all other aerial videography topics.

Old June 28th, 2012, 09:01 PM   #1
Major Player

RC Chopper Questions and Recommendations

Hoping to do some RC aerial shoots. I ve shot from a real chopper before but looking for something that will give us some nice smooth low shots that would not be possible with a full size chopper. Using either the Canon 5D or 7D or a Gopro camera. Can you suggest some models to check out? Hoping for under $1000 if possible but will consider all options (and renting if available). Thanks!
Silas Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2013, 10:34 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: RC Chopper Questions and Recommendations

For under 1000 $ you might want to check out the "entry level" DJI Phantom quadcopter. Can carry, and designed for, a GoPro, but not heavier cameras. (I use the Phantom and gopro 3 myself)
For more lift capacity, I see people are happy with the F550 or even better (and much more expensive), the DJI S800 Spreading wings hexacopter.
There are plenty videos of all these and probably also other systems on youtube.

Edit:
I just noticed this is an old thread, but I guess it's still valid as more and more people get into aerial filming.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2013, 06:53 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: RC Chopper Questions and Recommendations

If you can hold off for a couple more months there will be purpose built setups coming into the market with a
new design of gimbal and new gimbal motors.. The performance of the setup is going to be a game changer for this type of video capture.... the video I have seen from the prototypes is very good....
This is for the GoPro cam's.... if you want to shoot with larger cams you will need to invest in a larger setup and understand how to fly it correctly....
Ray Bell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Flying Cameras