DYS Smart 3 axis gimbal on Phantom 1 much better with Tarot dampeners at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Flying Cameras

Flying Cameras
UAV, Helicam, and all other aerial videography topics.

Old November 17th, 2014, 10:24 AM   #1
Regular Crew

DYS Smart 3 axis gimbal on Phantom 1 much better with Tarot dampeners

Finally tried a set of Tarot black dampeners on my DYS smart 3 axis gimbal fitted to my Phantom 1. They are universally recommended for that setup but was still surprised at just how much better the footage looked with them fitted. For this test I have NOT balanced these new props- so further improvements should occur once they are balanced. No post stabilisation done to footage.

View via vimeo site for HD.

cheers

bill
Bill Sherren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2014, 12:52 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: DYS Smart 3 axis gimbal on Phantom 1 much better with Tarot dampeners

So glad to see you got it working Bill! The tarot dampers help quite a bit. What did you figure the original issue was?
Old November 18th, 2014, 03:19 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: DYS Smart 3 axis gimbal on Phantom 1 much better with Tarot dampeners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Haustein View Post
So glad to see you got it working Bill! The tarot dampers help quite a bit. What did you figure the original issue was?
Thanks Nate.
I think my first DYS was faulty as it displayed that flickering/crackling effect and had tons of i2c errors in the software. The second one might have been sorted with a full calibration but as I was offered a refund went for that. This third one (touchwood) has worked as I hoped, though did go a bit cranky when I changed its profile and did the calibrations. And ended up closing down the software to stop it twitching like mad! Since them its calmed down. And these vibrations I have had are I am sure down to physical issues like dampeners and props etc and not software setups. Took another flight today which did display more vibrations but it was windier and the craft was a lot higher up. And given the very light plastic shell of the phantom it is amazing just what footage you can get from it. But human nature being what it is you always want better!!

cheers

bill
Bill Sherren is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Flying Cameras