Dj phantom 3 pro at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Flying Cameras

Flying Cameras
UAV, Helicam, and all other aerial videography topics.

Old July 15th, 2015, 06:17 AM   #1
Trustee

Dj phantom 3 pro

Anything similar in price but better customer service, mate got one and faulty and waiting 6 weeks nothing yet, need for future weddings but if lay out and cannot use what's point? Steve
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2015, 10:32 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Dj phantom 3 pro

Q500 4K.... yuneec.com
Old July 15th, 2015, 01:15 PM   #3
Trustee

cheers man will check that out. thanks
Old July 18th, 2015, 01:48 PM   #4
Wrangler

Yuneec puts out a good product. I have their Q500+ which will allow me to swap out the camera to the new 4K camera. Reliability and customer service here in the US has a good reputation as well. Have read some reports of not so satisfactory customer service with Yuneec UK. Some initial imagery from the new Yuneec CG03 4K camera have shown softening at the outer edges of the frame.

Don't expect out of the box range like the P3 has. The Lightbridge link gets really good video feed range. You also get the optical flow sensor on the bottom that debuted on the Inspire 1 which is great for flying indoors. However, I just saw a real estate interior video done with a P3 and IMO, there was a bit of side to side movement in some shots as the operator navigated narrow indoor spaces. Would have been much better to have a handheld gimbal doing the shots, or a good steadicam op.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2015, 05:00 PM   #5
Trustee

Thanks Gregg for the info, I may leave the drone thing for a while, i know lots of people crashed, cannot fly, waiting for repairs and such? I cannot afford to lay out money for something so unreliable. Steve
Old July 19th, 2015, 04:31 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Hi Steve,

I wouldn't say that drones are unreliable, I think that applies to many people who fly them, unreliable and careless. There seems to often be a feeling among some people who buy a drone for the first time that you just charge up the batteries, take it out and fly it, just because they can.

That is a big mistake and potentially highly dangerous. I have flown my Phantom for 18 months with only one minor problem when I flew too close to some foliage. As i was a pilot for a number of years, I have a great deal of respect for anything that flies by mechanical means. You need to treat a drone just like any aircraft, which needs a daily inspection before every day's flying, with all working parts being checked carefully for wear or damage. Bearings need to be kept lubricated, electronics checked thoroughly and calibrated before every flight. None of this takes long, but if it isn't done it won't be long before something goes wrong and it will be blamed on the drone.

A drone like the Phantom may just look like a toy, but it is a highly sophisticated semi automated flying machine that relies on sensitive electronic sensors to keep it flying safely and get it out of trouble when the operator loses control. If you treat it with respect and maintain it properly it will give reliable service like any aircraft, if you don't it will bite you in the pocket or the bum!

Roger
Roger Gunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2015, 06:00 AM   #7
Trustee

Cheers Roger
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Flying Cameras