Video from helicopter - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Flying Cameras

Flying Cameras
UAV, Helicam, and all other aerial videography topics.

Old July 2nd, 2007, 05:03 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Mike, thanks for all of the information, great advice. What do you charge brides for the aerial intro?
Janice DeMille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2007, 07:34 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Wedding Hele intro pricing

We charge 2 points or $200 for our aerial intros.
Mike Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2009, 10:35 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Old thread but still viable. Recently did a shoot from an open door Iroquois at an airshow. We few for 20mins including 3 various speed passes in front of the crowd and low 360 display turns at 10feet off the runway.

I used a shoulder mount with an HV20 and got 'reasonable' results with stabilisation, but not really great, so I figured I'd have to boost the show up.

One thing was the distinctive sound of the Iroquis. Knowing I'd have no chance at 100mph with the wind .. and .. that choppers don't vary their engine revs, pilots alter the rotor angle to get lift, I got the pilot to let me know when the engine was a take off revs, during the run up. I hung the cam out the door and managed to get 90secs of great engine sound, without any show PA which thankfully had shut off.

In post I looped this for the complete flight, but I kept some equed wind sound in for the various shots to show variation. I also included the music track 'Covert Operation' from SonicFire Pro and scored it to the various aerial show tricks made by the chopper.

The whole show runs 10mins, including some ground stuff by the B cam who also got great audio as we zipped past. Hope this helps someone, sorry I can't show anything, it's for inclusion in a DVD release later.

Cheers.
Allan Black is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Flying Cameras