FS-4 Sync Issues & Current Workflow at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old April 17th, 2008, 04:26 PM   #1
Tourist

FS-4 Sync Issues & Current Workflow

Hey Folks. I've searched the forums for a solution, but I seem to have hit a brickwall at a point in my workflow.

I have an FS-4HD that I'm currently using with a Canon XHA1. I am in tapeless mode on the FS-4HD so that I can start/stop recording from the camera. So far, no problems. The FS-4 records the footage. I then dump it to the drive and occasionally encounter sync issues. I've read that the best solution when there is a sync issue in a firestore created m2t file is to run it through HDVSplit. After running it through HDVSplit to detect scene changes, the files are back in sync. This usually creates two files, the first being only a second or two long and the other being the rest of the clip sync'd.
Well, I've recently added the step of converting the m2t files from HDVSplit to Cineform 720p so that it frees up a bit of the memory and processor compared to the HDV file. After doing this to the sync'd HDVSplit m2t files, I'm back out of sync.

Any suggestions? I know that there are several variables involved, and I apologize if this is the incorrect forum for them. I really don't know whether it's an issue with the Firestore, the HDV/m2t files, or the codecs. As the problem originates with the Firestore, or at least the Firestore's method of writing the m2t files, I chose this one. Anyways, Any help is greatly appreciated. I bought the firestore to simplify the capture process, but now the workflow is getting just as time consuming as capturing from tape.
Bryan Houston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore