Maximum QT recording time? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old September 15th, 2008, 08:50 AM   #1
New Boot

Maximum QT recording time?

I'm purchasing a Firestore FS-4 HD Pro secondhand from a fellow DVI/DVXUser member. This whole firestore thing thing seems more convoluted than 35mm adapters.

I will be using the FS with my XH-A1 and editing with FCP. My whole reason for getting the firestore was to avoid the breaks I was having in my tapes (batch capture issues, dropped frames, etc.). From what I understand, the FAT32 formatting has a 2gb file limitation?

1) can somebody shed some quick light on the formatting and, since I'm using a Mac, am I limited to FAT32? Or can I format the drive to eliminate the file size cap? What are the repercussions?

2) if the clips are split up, are there any video or audio drop between clip #1 and clip #2? Or will they play seamlessly if I throw them on the timeline together?
Taylor Rudd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore