Faulty DR-HD100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Focus Enhancements FireStore
Specifically for the FireStore DV Direct-To-Edit Disk Recording Solutions.

Old October 7th, 2008, 08:19 AM   #1
New Boot

Faulty DR-HD100

Hi all,

I've just purchased a 40GB DR-HD100E (an ex-demo model actually). Unfortunately, it came to me pretty much DOA.

The symptoms have been mentioned on this forum before. The unit powers on - ie. LEDs light up and the display backlight comes on, but it never actually fully boots. It gets so far - LED changes from red to green and the hard disk spins up but it then stalls and reboots again. This happens in a continual loop and I have to pull the battery to power it off.

I have tried booting with the factory firmware (holding down the STOP button on power) but this doesn't help.

Has anyone any solutions to this? Or do you reckon its probably the case that I will have to return for repairs?

Thanks for your help.
Michael Hurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2008, 04:06 PM   #2
New Boot

I also had this happen to one of my FS-100's. Had to send it to Focus for repair. It's been working great ever since.
Jonas Hamilton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > Focus Enhancements FireStore